Sunset News: "Regulatory czar"

"We know we belong to the land and the land we belong to is grand"

Thursday, July 23, 2009

"Regulatory czar"

A consumer-freedom group says President Obama's nominee for "regulatory czar" is an "animal-rights zealot" who may make life difficult for hunters and meat-eaters.

Senator John Cornyn (R-Texas) has placed a hold on the nomination of legal scholar Cass Sunstein to head the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the Office of Budget and Management. Cornyn is worried that the Harvard professor may push an aggressive animal-rights agenda in the White House. Sunstein has argued in favor of outlawing sport hunting and meat-eating, and written that animals should be allowed to file lawsuits "with human beings as their representatives."

I don't like it when government tells me what to eat, drink ,or what doctor I have to see. How much money I can make or has my granddaughters 3700.00 in debt before they start to work and tries to take my guns away. - Jack

No comments: